Now Hiring For Our IV Therapy Lounge (Part Time)
Oak Clinic is a general, Naturopathic, family practice located in Dawson Creek British Columbia offering our patients a wide variety of Products and Services. We strive to go beyond the basic care offered though the traditional medical system to ensure our patients receive the highest quality support.
Currently, our clinic provides Naturopathic Consultations, Acupuncture, Facial Rejuvenation Acupuncture, Lab Testing and a growing Dispensary of professional grade supplements and personalized botanical prescriptions. This Fall we will be expanding our practice to include high dose vitamin Intravenous (IV) Therapy. As such are seeking a qualified medical professional (RN, LPN, EMS, etc.) to join our team in a part time capacity.
The IV Lounge Nurse will be responsible for managing the IV Lounge at Oak Naturopathic Clinic. Duties typically include but are not limited to administering in-house, pre-made IV treatments for up to 3 patients simultaneously, patient intake (vitals & urinalysis), monitoring of the well-being of patients during treatment, post treatment care, educational and emotional support for patients and record keeping.
The IV lounge will initially be open Thursdays between 9AM - 3PM where we expect to see 2-5 patients per hour. Our goal is to grow the IV practice over time and add additional days of availability. As an independent contractor, compensation includes a $20/hr base fee with a per chair compensation of $10.
For example, if one were to service 3 (three) patients each hour:
$20 base + (3 x $10 chair fee) = $50/hr
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- #1 Smooth and effective administration of IV (you need to be good with needles 😉)
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrated ability to deal with others effectively
- Demonstrated physical ability to carry out the duties of the position
- Demonstrated ability to operate related equipment
- Ability to maintain composure in high stress or emergency situations
- Current C.P.R. and I.V. Therapy Certifications
- One (1) year recent experience in assigned area of responsibility preferred
We are keen to create a casual and enjoyable workplace and atmosphere for our patients. We enjoy joking around, Starbucks and having fun but at the end of the day take our jobs and our role in the clinic very seriously. If your are a self motivated individual, keen to join our growing team of care professionals please submit your resume & cover letter to [email protected].
We look forward to hearing from you.